Sunday, September 6, 2015

September Has Arrived

September came before I even knew it. But before it did, I still had a few days in August left. Here is what went down in my last moments in August:

Sunday, August 30th: My host dad asked if I was good at math, I said yes and he asked if I could calculate the volume of a cylinder. I did and then converted it to milliliters for him. He wanted for the dog house he is building.

Monday, August 31st: School was school. I had philosophy where I learned about philosophy, in English I learned some grammar, in history we learned about Ancient Rome and in music class we played instruments. After school, I had a Finnish for foreigners lesson. I was a little early and waited a few minutes before the teacher came in with another student from Tunisia. We went over basic Finnish (which I had already know) but it was fun since I got to help the other student. I then went to hockey practice.

Then September came. I started Finnish lessons during school with one of the English teachers. I also had my normal classes where I played music, did math, learned philosophy, read English texts, learned about the Middle Ages and worked on my Finnish. In my mother tongue class (Finnish class) everyone is working on writing an essay, so the teacher asked me to write something about myself in Finnish. It ended up being two paragraphs and I only needed to look up how to say and write a few things.

Outside of school, I went to hockey practice, did homework and worked on my Finnish from my Finnish books (one of them pictured on the left).

September, watch out, because here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment