Sunday, August 9, 2015

My First Week in Finland





I arrived in Finland on the afternoon of the second. I met with the other exchange students that had arrived before taking a bus to our orientation camp, which was in Karkku. The next day, the action began. Throughout the week, we learned about the basics of the Finnish language, had lectures about our life in Finland as well as having many fun activities too. We got chances to try out a real Finnish sauna, go to the Karkku church and perform for the group, go to Tampere, dance the macarena while having tea, and we got a chance to perform for the group at Cozy Night, our last night together before we met our host families. Then, on Saturday, we met our host families. All of my host parents (all six of them) came as well as one of my first host sisters, Raisa. We drove for three hours back to Alajärvi before I got to settle down in my new home.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful adventure for you. My youngest daughter is an exchange student in Italy this year. She's really enjoying her time in the country and is becoming very fluent in Italian. These are going to be some of the best memories of your life. I tell my daughter, the same thing too. Enjoy every moment Emma.

    Ronni Casillas @ JNH Life Styles

    ReplyDelete