Sunday, August 16, 2015

First Week in School


 
Previously on Emma's Finnish Adventures...
Emma had a great week at camp with the other exchange students and had a great time meeting her host families but now, a new challenge arises... school. Dun dun duuuuunnnnn. What school bring for Emma? Will she be able to withstand it? Find out on this week's latest addition of Emma's Finnish Adventures!

But first.. let's catch up to what Emma was doing those few days leading up before school.

First, I got to my host family's house and unpacked. Then, we went to their summer
cottage and did some sightseeing. I went to a picnic with Raisa's friends and I made taco salad for dinner one night. Raisa loved it. We bought me school supplies and I headed to school.

Unlike in America, school doesn't start after Labor Day, but rather, it starts in August. My school started on Wednesday. The first day wasn't much but figuring out our schedules and lunch. I also made some Finnish friends on my first day of school. Then on Thursday and Friday, we went to our scheduled classes. English class was easy (because it was taught in English). Math, and music weren't so either bad because I could figure out what was going on. Philosophy, history and mother tongue were another story, but the first week wasn't too bad since we didn't do much.

On Friday night, we then went to my host family's summer cottage for the weekend. On Saturday, we went to Power Park(third picture). It is a very big amusement park about an hour drive away from Alajärvi. We went on many great and fun roller coasters like Junker (first picture) and we went on a roller coaster that went backwards and forwards (second picture). It was awesome. We had some ice cream while we were there too. It was also awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment